Today I started the process of Voicethread in my classroom. It was a pretty exciting time for us. The students had written a class story and instead of just laminating it, and placing in the bin of, I took a picture of each of the students work and uploaded it to voicethread. The upload went fine, however I needed to delete some slides and as simple as is sounds….. I was totally blind and couldn’t figure it out for the longest time. I did end up finding the little trash can that I was totally oblivious too in the beginning. I find some of these programs are so easy to use, yet so complicated at the same time.
The kids started using the microphone, I got through about 8 of them…. 11 more to go. They thought the microphone was the neatest thing. I think they just liked the part where they could hear the playback of their voice. A lot of giggles came out of this session. I will finish tomorrow… if all goes well I will post the show soon.
I have also created another blog for my class, where I am going to post this story and others that will follow. I think parents will truly enjoy hearing their child read and seeing some of their work 🙂